Sunday, March 6, 2011

Less than a week...

Less than a week until I host Baby Skinner's shower... the details are all coming together very nicely and I am excited for how it will look in our church's garden room next Saturday, the only thing that would make it better if if the grass were green and the flowers were blooming.  Here is my latest "creation," I wanted to have a cake on every table (a way to avoid purchasing cake AND a centerpiece for each table,) so with that in mind I decided small simple cakes and cake stands were the way to go.  Here is a beautiful crystal cake stand:

Retail $235.00
Although it is really gorgeous, this is NOT the option I went with, instead I went with this, Do It Yourself Priced $2 (plus tax.)  I purchased a plate and bowl at the Dollar Tree ($1 each) and then glued them together and TA DA.... a just as cute, simple, elegant cake stand:)

side view

top view

No comments:

Post a Comment