Thursday, August 20, 2009

Start of school...

Well, it is here, there is no more delaying the inevitable. We had our first half day with students yesterday, first full day is today. I told my 8th graders I missed them for about 30 seconds, then they started talking. Really though, I did kind of miss them. There is something to say about a normal routine. (If you can say that a music teacher has a "normal" routine.) The other nice thing is since I do teach the same students for up to 8 years it is fun to watch them grow up, emotionally and physically, some of them grew inches literally!
Unfortunately there is no easing into school for us. The new schedules require me to be at school at about 7 a.m. which is early! Then this week we are doing instrumental recruitment at not and I will not return home until 10 p.m. at the earliest, so I might not see my boys again until Saturday. I guess this is the price I pay for a few days off here and there!
Better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment