Sunday, May 2, 2010

contest...

Friday night I took my 7th & 8th grade orchestras to IESA (Illinois Elementary School Association) Organizational Contest.  We have been fortunate that my friend Dan has hosted at Chiddix the past few years, which means no long bus ride (thank goodness!)  I was able to perform with both 7th & 8th and only had a few kids missing.  I really think that this experience is good for them; a little healthy competition really helps.  I won't go on my rant about teamwork, but I think that this is important.  They behaved like true professionals (I was impressed!)  The looked good (dress and posture) and performed about as well as I could ask for.  I was really proud of them.  7th Grade got a II and two I's for a I overall; 8th grade got straight I's (two of them perfect scores:))
These are some of the best moments in my job... so proud....

No comments:

Post a Comment